[mrtg] Utilization for Outgoing suddenly explodes to 5 times the bandwidth

alyonasiengfiao alyonasiengfiao at live.com
Mon Oct 19 04:40:28 CEST 2009

I'm monitoring a personal network, I noticed 1 day, for a span of 3 hours,
that the outgoing bandwidth utilization suddenly explodes to 5 times the
bandwidth ISP has allocated for me. this happens only once. before and after
that, monitoring goes isnormal. I checked os logs, and i see no sudden burst
in bandwidth utilization at the application level.

how can this be?

i very much appreciate the answers that i'll be getting.

thanks!...