[mrtg] MRTG 2.10.13 --> CURRENT upgrade?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Apr 4 05:30:43 CEST 2010

From: Tobias Oetiker [tobi at oetiker.ch]
>Actually, new versions of MRTG will AUTOMATICALLY convert any .log
>file into .rrd format when they runs in RRDtool mode and find a .log
>file but not a coresponding .rrd file.

Oh, that's good to know.  When did this feature get added?  I'll have to add a note about this to the book.

>you can find a links to precompiled rrd packages on
>http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/download.en.html

The last time I looked, there were only RRDs available for 1.2.27 and earlier - I should have checked for the latest information :).  Seems 1.3.9 and 1.4.1 are now avilable for Redhat (including all bindings) and 1.3.1 for Debian -- so I'm going to have to update the CD image, as well.

Steve