[mrtg] getting old .log format data out of RRD

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Apr 5 17:40:33 CEST 2010

I used to use the mrtg .log files for my own data display script(s).
Now that I have gone to RRD format, of course this no longer works.

I have seen rrdtool fetch but I'm not quite sure what arguments to give
it to get the old .log format's average and max tx/rx bytes values out.
Ideally, a single rrdtool command to display what used to be in the
old .log format would be awesome.  Of course, anything else can be
worked around/with.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance,
b.