[mrtg] graphing cisco virtual interface/PPPoE users

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 6 10:10:48 CEST 2010

You will need to write it yourself!  As far as I know, noone has yet produced such a plugin.  Instructions for how to write a MRTG data collection plugin are available on the MRTG website -- basically, it needs to
(a) exit with status 0, and
(b) output two numbers in the form "xxxxx\nyyyyy\n\n\n"  where xxxx and yyyy are the In and Out components respectively (or U for unknown)
You can write it in any language (I prefer Perl but its up to you).  You've already shown you can write shellscript so maybe that's the one for you to use?

Steve

From: Khemara Lyn [lin.kh at wicam.com.kh]
Thanks for your insightful comments. I agree that, the plugin would be a
more suitable solution. May I know where I can get the plugin and how to
get it to work?