[mrtg] conversioncode broken? / fixed?

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Tue Apr 13 22:42:22 CEST 2010

I'm in the process of upgrading our monitor stystem to newer mrtg and
14all cgi..

All is working well until I get to the last set of measurables to
configure on the new system, our storage units.

My super simple conversion script is not working as It did in an older
setup. The script itself is super simple..

  # my convert routine
  sub Kb2B {
         my $value = shift;
         return ($value * 1024);
  }

I give the full path of the script to the mrtg config file and I've made
the script 0755.

Here is the error I get in mrtg.log
     -- Can't modify non-lvalue subroutine call at (eval 14) line 1.

Does any one know anyway around this??  Is this a mrtg or perl thing?
Here are my versions..

perl v5.8.8
mrtg mrtg-2.14.5
14all.cgi 1.1p25

FYI..
This exact conversion is working in these version:

perl v5.8.0
mrtg 2.16.2
14all.cgi 1.1p25

------