[mrtg] indexmaker help

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Thu Apr 22 00:19:47 CEST 2010

OK, so I've had MRTG running for some time now, where the value of "some
time" is "longer that I care to admit" and I've never really gotten around
to making a GOOD index page.

I've been fiddling around with indexmaker this afternoon and have read the
man page and looked at the stuff on the site, but I'm still baffled.

What I want to do is this:  I want an index that has a link to each of my
devices.  When you click on the link for a device, you then get a page that
has a link for each of the device's interfaces.

Is there a way to do that with indexmaker?  Do I need a separate mrtg.cfg
for each of my devices?

Pointers appreciated.

TIA.

--