[mrtg] How to monitor non SNMP Device using MRTG

ashok kumar g.ashok1988 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:28:37 CEST 2010

Thank you guys for giving such a valuable information saying that you have
implemented MRTG for non SNMP devices.
But someone says, to use smokeping, write scripts which have to return four
values.
First of all I I think I don't want to switch to some other tools like
smokeping as I know about MRTG. So, if you guys tried this, could you please
post some practical scripts( might be complex ) so that I can implement for
my non SNMP devices and then I can go for some other tools like smokeping
for some enhancements.
Kind Regards,
G Ashok Kumar,
Softential.