[mrtg] Some Doubts on MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 28 22:20:09 CEST 2010

The OID is called ifInOctets, not InOctects.  Also, your snmpwalk may be giving the OIDs in numerical form rather than symbolic form.  Note that if your device is using SNMPv2 MRTG will use the HC counters instead, if available.

Steve

From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of ashok kumar [g.ashok1988 at gmail.com]

What are the OIDs that MRTG uses to monitor traffic on a system using cfgmaker by default?
I think its InOctects and OutOctects. Isn't it? But when I run a snmpwalk and grep for InOctects it doesn't give me any output but the MRTG is able to monitor.