[mrtg] Customizing MRTG

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Aug 12 14:05:11 CEST 2010

On 8/11/10 7:51 AM, "Bhupen" <go4bhupen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Daniel for response.
>
> For some reason we wanted to stick to old version ( 2.9.17). I would like to
> know how can I generate a new mrtg rpm ( based on 2.9.17 version) with my
> changes?

Grab a 2.9.17 source rpm.  Install it.
Find the source tarball from the $RPMBUILD/SOURCES directory. Untar it into
two different directories.  Make your changes in one, and create a patch
file (diff -u) from the changes.

Place the patch file in the $RPMBUILD/SOURCES directory.

Edit the mrtg.spec file in $RPMBUILD/SPECS, adding a reference to the new
patch.  You may want to look at other SRPMs to see how patches are handled.

Increment the release number, and rpmbuild -ba mrtg.spec

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281