[mrtg] MRTG Possible to perform metrics to one Host/Destination instead of a Router?

Furosh One furosh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 18:44:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've used MRTG in the past as a network administrator and I know it's good.
However, I have the need to perform some network testing to collect
stats/metrics on network performance, bandwidth, time, etc from our global
WAN to a central server that I've setup.

Essentially management would like for me to compare versus our company's
public FTP site and test against a co-located server in a cloud environment.

We would like to know if all our global WAN locations would benefit with
using this cloud setup to increase speed for data transfers for things such
as FTP, SFTP, SVN, Git, SCP, RSYNC, etc.

Can I use MRTG to obtain this information for a destination and not a
ROUTER? If so, I'd like to collect network speed metrics and graphs, etc. to
compare versus our current FTP site.

-Regards,
FuRoSh.