[mrtg] Converting mebibytes

larsen007 at web.de larsen007 at web.de
Tue Dec 14 12:35:45 CET 2010

Hi,

we use a Panda GateDefender Integra for which I want to monitor the
traffic of each port (using mrtg 2.16.2-3 (Debian Lenny)).

I don´t get a response for "interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets" (or the
corresponding OID), so I have to use "1.3.6.1.4.1.23473.1.1.2.2.3.1.1.4".
Unfortunately, these values are presented in mebibytes and as these grow
slowly I don´t get a graph in MRTG.

I read about multiplying the received values but that apparently can only
use another OID and I don´t think there will be any OID that has the
needed number and that also doesn´t change over time.

How can I solve this problem? Will there be the possibility to use numbers
instead of OIDs for multiplying in a future version of MRTG?

Lars