[mrtg] cfgmaker and offline switch ports

EDV Service Dregger - Support Support at e-s-d.info
Tue Dec 21 08:52:37 CET 2010

Hey all!

I´m trying to monitor the traffic of our switches which have several ports that are down from time to time. What can i do to include them into my cfg? I´ve read the FAQ that told me to use the cfgmaker with the parameter --no-down parameter like this:

perl cfgmaker --no-down public at esd-sw-02 --global "WorkDir: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MRTG"  --output esd-sw-02.cfg

Why ever, the ports that are down during creation of the cfg file are marked out and so they are not part of the monitoring. I´m sure there must be a way to fix my problem, but i don´t know how.... Could you help me?

Best regards from snowy germany
Norbert