[mrtg] SNMP v3 on MRTG 2.16.2

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Feb 18 20:30:37 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 11:21 -0800, stevenwmn wrote:
> I'm not sure what is in line 368. I thought the perl scrip was MRTG. I launch
> it by running perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

yes, and perl is a plain-text, interpreted language.  The interpreter is
complaining about something on line 368.  So...  Open up the mrtg script
in a decent text editor, look at line 368, and see what is missing.

> Then I get the error. Do you have syntax to run cfgmaker using snmpv3? Maybe
> I need to do that prior to this.

No, you need to find out what is missing first.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com