[mrtg] Reuse .old logfiles after rateup error

alfo alfots at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:28:26 CET 2010

Hi,

Right now, when rateup fails it stops updating the .log file and only the
.old logfile remains in the system.  When the error is solved I am not able
to reuse that logfile anymore (the .old one), because the timestamps are not
udpated (basically, mrtg doesn't update them if the last one is older than X
hours), so I'm losing the historical information in case of error.

I was wondering if there is any script to update a .old logfile after an
error occurs.

Hoping I describe my problem clearly!

Thanks in advance!
Alfonso