[mrtg] Local attributes?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jan 9 08:49:46 CET 2010

Just a caveat for people using Routers2 as the frontend - for historical reasons, the Routers2 parser does NOT handle redefinition of the _/^/$ targets in the same way as MRTG does.  With Routers2, the last setting wins and applies to everything in the file.

The reason for this is that way back in the early days of MRTG this behaviour was undefined and so Routers2 was coded to handle it as seemed logical at the time.  When Tobi explicitly defined this behaviour it was too late to make the rewrite of the parser, and we'd have lost backwards compatibility.

Steve