[mrtg] Graph allways "zero"

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 9 15:52:36 CEST 2010

On 09/07/10 14:19, Vitor Carlos Flausino wrote:
> Hello mrtg at list.
>
> I just installed mrgt on my fedora13 as well as all the dependencies needed. I am able to run but my graph is a line on "zero".

	This is a FAQ.

	You need the 'gauge' option.

	Here's an extract from
	http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html

gauge

     Treat the values gathered from target as 'current status'
measurements and not as ever incrementing counters. This would be
useful to monitor things like disk space, processor load, temperature,
and the like ...

     In the absence of 'gauge' or 'absolute' options, MRTG treats
variables as a counters and calculates the difference between the
current and the previous value and divides that by the elapsed time
between the last two readings to get the value to be plotted.

	As expected, MRTG is graphing the value of (66 - 66) / 300
	for you.  This is indeed always zero.

	IHTH
	Niall O'Reilly