[mrtg] Hierarchical device display in routers2?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 10 22:36:12 CEST 2010

Yes.  Enable 'grouping' and 'multilevel' in the routers2.conf.  This will allow you to have the cfg files grouped by directory, and you can then assign heirachial names to the directories, not necessarily in line with the underlying directory structure.  There's documentation shipped with Routers2 on how to do it, or in the website http://www.steveshipway.org/software or in the book http://www.steveshipway.org/book/

You cannot get heirachial grouping for the Targets; however it is possible to achieve something like this by using userdefined summary pages as sub-menus and then hiding the Target from the main menu (using the routers.cgi*InMenu[]:no directive and routers.cgi*Summary[]: directive)

Steve

From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] on behalf of Israel Brewster [israel at frontierflying.com]
Is there any way to get a hierarchical device display in routers2? I am currently monitoring 57 devices (and growing) and trying to find the one I am looking for in the list is getting increasingly problematic. Yes, there is the search, but being able to collapse groups of devices and just look at the location I'm interested in would be even easier.