[mrtg] SNMP v3 on MRTG 2.16.2

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 1 22:10:38 CET 2010

> I tried this for snmpv3 but don't know how to reference the device and it
> spits out other errors.
>
> perl cfgmaker --global "Workdir: F:\mrtg-2.16.2\bin" --global "Options[_]:
> growright,bits" --enablesnmpv3 --snmp-options=:::::3 --username="monitor"
> --authproto="sha" --authpassword="snm$10" --privprotocol="des"
> --privpassword="password"

I suspect the problem is the '$' sign in the password, as this is the variable identifier.

It would help if you included the error messages you are seeing as they might give a clue.

Try with this:

--authpassword='snm$10'

(using single quotes), or this:

--authpassword='snm\$10'

(using single quotes and an escape for the $ sign)

One of these should work, although I'm not actually using SNMPv3 here myself.  You might even need two \ before the $.

Steve