[mrtg] Regarding the .png files in the working directory

ashok kumar g.ashok1988 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:38:03 CET 2010

Hi MRTG Team,
I installed MRTG on my linux RHEL AS4 using the document provided by you in
http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-unix-guide.en.html.
But when I ty to run the  cfgmaker  as
cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg' --global 'Options[_]:
bits,growright' --output /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg public at 192.168.1.130

I got the error like unable to create /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg.So, I created
the path and file and again run the command. It showed no errors.
and when I run the command
env LANG=C /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg
I got the error like unable to locate /home/httpd/mrtg. So, again I created
the path and run the command. It showed no errors.
Finally when I see the contents of the /home/httpd/mrtg directory I have
three .png files naming and having the contents as below:
                     FILE NAME                     CONTENTS
                     mrtg-1.png                   having a lable as MRT
                     mrtg-m.png                  having a lable as G
                     mrtg-r.png                    having a lable as G
What about my traffic .png files?
Where are there store?
Is my configuration completed successfully?
Please assist me.
Thanks
G.Ashok Kumar
Softential