[mrtg] Can not determine ifNumber for public at gw

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 17 11:51:25 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 01:25 -0400, Morty Abzug wrote:

> If you downgrade to 2.16.1, delete the .ok file, and let MRTG recreate
> the .ok file, do you still have the problem?  What does .ok contain?

Is there something specific about 2.16.1->2.16.2 that you suspect or you
are just assuming 2.16.1 is the version I upgraded from?  If the latter,
it would appear the version I upgraded from was in fact
2.14.7[-2ubuntu3].

That version seemed to have dealt with this idea of multiple interfaces
of the same name without a problem.

I just downgraded to that version and it does seem to be having the same
problem.  This is getting more strange by the minute.

Cheers,
b.