[mrtg] mrtg incorrect data when over 100MB

kent at rustyice.co.uk kent at rustyice.co.uk
Thu May 6 23:18:34 CEST 2010

Its caused by the 32 bit counters wrapping too quickly for the sample to make sense of it.

Kent

From: ve2cii at canasoft.net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:19:59
To: <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>
Subject: [mrtg] mrtg incorrect data when over 100MB

   Hi Everyone,

    I am probing a cisco 3500 and a number of windows machines.  When the
traffic goes over 150MB via the 3500 to one of the machines I start getting
incorrect data from the 3500.  I thought the problem was the 3500 and was
about to replace it but then the problem occured in another 3500 as well
as one of the machines. I decreased the probe time (cron job) from 5 minutes
to 3 minutes and that fixed the problem until the traffic went over 250MB.
I am also logging the mrtg so I can send logs if need be.
   Any ideas???

-
sysadm  cronomagic.com
e-mail  ve2cii at canasoft.net