[mrtg] No data in RRD file, but MRTG runs fine

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat May 8 23:51:19 CEST 2010

You need to check to see if any error messages or diagnostics come when MRTG runs its poll.  This will indicate if the SNMP poll is failing for some reason.

The MaxBytes is an upper limit of valid data (the default lower limit is 0); if your poll retrieves more than this value, the data will be stored as Unknown as well, so check your actual values against MaxBytes and make sure youve picked the right value.

Steve