[mrtg] MRTG ERROR and WARNING mesages for some interfaces

Sankung Sawo sankungsawo at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:13:26 CEST 2010

Hi Tobi,

I only see other files *.old and *.log in the device Working directory and I
wander wther this is what you refer to as *.ok  ?

Anyway, I noticed four of my monitored devices showing following Errors and
warnings for some of their interfaces :
 .."     ERROR: Target[xx.xx.xx.xx_wireless_side][_OUT_] ' $target->[85]
{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data ..."

When I looked at the ".old" file of the interfaces, they have entries
similar to the attached - notice "-1 -1" at the top. I deleted the device
configs and recreated them with even new Working directory, but the error
returns.

I wonder where is the cache copy of the MRTG interface log files stored ? I
want to delete cache so that the counter errors can be resolved. The device
are alive and responding to snmp.

Thanks.
Sankung