[mrtg] Obviously missing something simple with cfgmaker...

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Nov 5 19:36:21 CET 2010

On 11/5/10 9:30 AM, "Arvon Griffiths" <Arvon.Griffiths at txdot.gov> wrote:

> I'm issuing:
> cfgmaker public at router1 --global "Options[_]: growright,bits,unknaszero"
> --global "LogFormat: rrdtool" -output router1.cfg

For general practice, the router should be after the options.

Have you verified that you can resolve the name router1?  The it has an snmp
community of ³public², and that the machine running cfgmaker has access to
it?

Have you verified that router1 understands snmp version 1?  Perhaps trying
version 2 might work better, e.g:
Cfgmaker ‹global=³LogFormat:rrdtool² --global=³Options[_]: bits,unknaszero²
-­output=router1.cfg  public at router1:::::2

I removed growright, as that is only relevant where rateup is used.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281