[mrtg] MRTG double linking on web page

Gterrill geoff.terrill at twcable.com
Mon Nov 15 21:09:29 CET 2010

Hello!  I am very new to MRTG, the admin of it was passed down to me as the
new guy, and I am running into an odd issue.

I have done several searches but I don't think I am wording this correctly.
The hope is this forum can lead me in the right direction.

We are currently running MRTG off a Red Hat enterprise 5 ed using apache as
our http.

Problem:

After running indexmaker.ksh we encounter a second instance of the home page
after clicking on the first MRTG link.

There is a link to MRTG on our main page, along with all of our other links.
When I click on the MRTG link it opens up a second instance of the main page
within the home page.  This "new" page has all the same links as our home
page.  When I click on the MRTG link a second time it will take me to the
link page of all my MRTG monitored devices.

I have looked at the page source, the index file, the mrtg.conf file, and
nothing is indicating to me why I am getting this re-occurrence of the home
page when clicking on the MRTG link.

Has anyone encountered an experience similar to the above?  Are there any
quick checks I can do, or help with pointing me in the right direction.

Any help and/or direction is greatly appreciated.