[mrtg] Cisco host template for monitoring CPU and Memory

Khemara Lyn lin.kh at wicam.com.kh
Sun Oct 17 05:49:41 CEST 2010

Dear All,

I'm looking for a Cisco host template for cfgmaker that can monitor both
CPU and memory utilization. I was googling and found this site by Stevesh:

http://www.steveshipway.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1612&sid=c20ebf7b296ae449af892079fc62444f

I could make use of the first template, which is able to monitor the CPU
and interface traffic. The other templates below it did not work for me.
Those template files include some files that do not exist:

snmpMIB_to_OID("/usr/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.my");
snmpMIB_to_OID("/usr/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-TC-V1SMI.my");
snmpMIB_to_OID("/usr/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my");
snmpMIB_to_OID("/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ENTITY-MIB-V1SMI.my");

I'd like to know how to get those files. Maybe, they will solve the problem.

Or is there a better way to monitor Cisco device's CPU and memory with MRTG?

I have a bunch of Cisco switches and routers that i'd like to monitor.

I am running mrtg-2.16.2-4 on Fedora 12.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Khem