[mrtg] Monitoring the correct interface

Feijo, Fernando Fernando.Feijo at aarons.com
Tue Oct 5 17:41:52 CEST 2010

Others will likely know more, but my personal experience with Airport
Extreme is the external interface is #2, mgi1. See snmpwalk below. Also,
you may need to configure the community string in the device with the
Airport utility.

**
ffeijo at a8n:/etc/cron.daily$ snmpwalk -v2c -c xxxx <Airport Express
address> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr
IF-MIB::ifDescr.1 = STRING: mgi0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.2 = STRING: mgi1
IF-MIB::ifDescr.3 = STRING: mv0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.4 = STRING: mv1