[mrtg] Complex SNMP

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Sep 20 16:03:30 CEST 2010

On 9/20/10 7:38 AM, "eylli" <enkliy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello I was able to install mrtg and parl but snmp strings in my company are
> {2P*1ub$T7& complex string and th outup of cfg maker is :

You just need to escape the string.  I don't know about windows, but in bash
you would need:
perl cfgmaker  {2P*1ub\$T7\&@192.168.20.202

It looks like the $ is not reserved in whatever shell you are using, so you
might just need to escape the &

I'd also recommend that you at least run snmp version 2 - perl cfgmaker
{2P*1ub\$T7\&@192.168.20.202:::::2

Alternatively, if security is important, snmp v3 is fully supported by mrtg.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281