[mrtg] Simple graphing tool

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 29 21:00:12 CEST 2010

The Routers2 script can generate only the graph images, if that's what you want, or just the naked graph page (without the menus framework).

If you use the parameter '&page=image' then it will generate just the graph image, so this can be used in a IMG url.  You can specify the size of the image from full-page down to (with the latest beta) thumbnail graph.

EG:
this generates a large daily graph
  /cgi-bin/routers.cgi?rtr=cfgfilename.cfg&if=targetname&gstyle=d&gtype=x2&page=image
this generates a thumbnail yearly graph (v2.22beta1 or later)
  /cgi-bin/routers.cgi?rtr=cfgfilename.cfg&if=targetname&gstyle=y&gtype=A&page=image

You can obtain the correct URL parameters from the full web interface (click on the 'bookmark' button), or the documentation tells you how to construct them.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead