[mrtg] Distinguishing between Apple products

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 21 03:29:56 CEST 2011

Apple have many ranges of MAC addresses assigned to them; by investigation, I've been able to deduce that some groups are used exclusively by certain devices.  Unfortunately this is not always the case (some groups appear to be shared between several) but it allows us to make a good estimate on the smartphone/portablecomputer split using our network.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead