[mrtg] Does MRTG allow checking what IP is using most of bandwidth?

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Thu Dec 22 20:51:50 CET 2011

MRTG will not tell you who (what IP) is using the most bandwidth because that information is likely not available through SNMP, and even if it was, MRTG is not meant to collect and analyze per-ip traffic stats.

If you want that kind of data, you need to investigate using Netflow/Sflow/IPFIX to get it from a nearby router or flow-generating device.

Two places to start are...
the flow-tools-ng project: http://code.google.com/p/flow-tools/
...and...
nfdump: http://nfdump.sourceforge.net/

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure