[mrtg] Monitoring a target only during certain hours

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 7 19:58:42 CET 2011

I think what the user wanted here (correct me if Im wrong) was to limit the hours during which polling runs, in order to save network bandwidth.  This means the crontab change would be the right solution.

The Routers2 'workhours' option only affects the highlighting on the graph display and calculation of working hour averages at display time; it doesnt affect when the polling is run and so would not help in this case, I think.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Ph: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86487

From: mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch [mrtg-bounces+s.shipway=auckland.ac.nz at lists.oetiker.ch] on behalf of Daniel McDonald [dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com]

A second method would be to switch to rrdtool, use Routers2.cgi, and set the worktime options appropriately.