[mrtg] oid to mib

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Jul 4 13:27:45 CEST 2011

On Jul 4, 2011, at 5:05 AM, "Mihamina Rakotomandimby" <mihamina at bbs.mg> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using mrtg on Debian Squeeze, I can monitor NICs.
> Mostly on Cisco 3750,3550,2950,2960 and 1841.
>
> I use the "MIB" generated for me by MRTG's "cfgmaker".
> I would like to add:
> - CPU
> - Network Error
> - Memory usage
>
> To do so, I searche don the internet and found how to do with full OIDs.
> Example for CPU: http://pastebin.com/EA7gDY1W
>
> It would be easier with names (MIBs?) instead of "cryptic" OIDs.

LoadMibs:

This is a global statement. Only the last LoadMibs found when larding the confit is recognized. LoadMibs will not chase dependencies, so you need to find all of the Imports stanzas in the mib files and make certain the mibs imported are loaded first.

CPU doesn't have a stable instance. On 3750s, for example, the instance number is x001, where x is the stacking module number.  I wrote a template published at steveshipway.org that hunts the instances down for CPU and memory, and also figures out which oid is the correct one, since cisco has revised the mib several times.
> - Network Error

Not certain what you mean by this, but an iftemplate would be your friend here.
> - Memory usage

See above.

--
Dan McDonald,CCIE #2495