[mrtg] all generated files going to last workdir of included cfg files in mrtg.cfg

Jason R. Butterfield JButterfield at gracecottage.org
Wed May 18 22:44:31 CEST 2011

Ahh, thanks William, that was enough to help me figure it out.

I forgot to mention that I want to have my cfgmaker and indexmaker running on a cron, so the generation of the cfg and html files can be updated regularly to catch newly in service switch ports, etc.  -without having admin-down entries clutter things.  I finally got my syntax working, and for anyone else trying to do this, here's what my cfgmaker and indexmaker syntax look like:

cfgmaker --global "workdir: /var/www/mrtg" --subdirs="10.1.1.1_gracerouter2.gracecottage.int" --ifref=name --output /etc/mrtg/c2801.cfg --global 'options[_]: growright,bits' ****@10.1.1.1<mailto:****@10.1.1.1>

indexmaker /etc/mrtg/c2801.cfg > /var/www/mrtg/c2801.html

-Jason