[mrtg] Problem with graph scale

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sat Nov 19 04:06:37 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mika Koivisto" <mika.koivisto at gmail.com>
To: "Alex van den Bogaerdt" <alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl>
Cc: <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: [mrtg] Problem with graph scale

>> kMG[xxxx.mem]: k,M,G,T,P,X
>
> I think the problem is here...
> Why did you change it from the default ?

> Copy paste from a sample and not knowing really what it does. The only
> effect from removing it is that now both are showing in kbytes. It should
> be M bytes so still off by factor of 1000 at least both now match.

Just an educated guess, which could be wrong:
Maybe your source is in kilobytes, and you should multiply it by 1000, or 1024, whichever is appropriate?
Look at your log files to see what numbers you are getting, it is probably enough to determine if my guess is correct.
If it is correct, append " * 1000" (without the quotation marks) to your target. (or " * 1024).  Mind the spaces, I think they are important.

Also look http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html#kilo_CONTENT and the rest of that document.