[mrtg] Advice: monitoring GPS based clock

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 8 23:53:10 CEST 2011

>It's honoring LowerLimit now, but not UpperLimit (still drawing a graph all the way up to 1, which I think is the smallest MaxBytes[] value...)

>> Since the limits, and the data, are all negative this can cause some
>> odd behaviour in some situations.

Sometimes the limit closest to zero can be ignored even with rigid.  This is down to RRDTool and where the data points lie.

>Ok, no change.  Then again, I'm still running rrdtool 1.2.15, so no telling there....  I can probably upgrade that a bit.  One of these days I'll get around to rebuilding this machine completely....

The final choice of the axis limits lies with RRDTool, so different versions do behave differently.  If you can get your RRDTool upgraded to 1.4 you'll get better performance too, and it might fix this issue (or add another one :) )

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead