[mrtg] Assistance

JEspinosa at bost.com JEspinosa at bost.com
Fri Sep 30 21:24:31 CEST 2011

Gentlemen,
        That worked!  Thank you so very much for all your assistance!  It
is greatly appreciated!

John,
        Thank you for the additional information.

Thank You,
   Johnny Espinosa
   Sr. Lead Network Engineer
   Boston Market Corporation
   14103 Denver West Parkway
   Golden, CO 80401
   Office:  303.216.5393
   Cell:  720.271.6480
   Email:  jespinosa at bost.com

From:   John York <YorkJ at brcc.edu>
To:     'mrtg' <mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch>, "'jespinosa at bost.com'"
<jespinosa at bost.com>
Date:   09/30/2011 01:17 PM
Subject:        RE: [mrtg] Assistance

Oh, I also had a problem with event logging.  It's probably been fixed by
now, but it caused me to make these changes:

There is an error in the MRTG code somewhere regarding logging to the
Windows Event Log, which caused MRTG errors when I tried to run it.
Changed my command line for testing to this:
perl c:\mrtg\bin\mrtg --logging=c:\mrtg\bin\log\log.txt
c:\mrtg\bin\mrtg.cfg".
 (replaced logging=eventlog with logging=path) and it ran.  Also had to
change the registry from that listed in the procedure to this:
"AppParameters"="c:\\mrtg\\bin\\mrtg --logging= c:\\mrtg\\log\\log.txt