[mrtg] MRTG and Cable Modems

Glenn Smith gsmith at summitnetworking.net
Tue Apr 17 17:25:51 CEST 2012

All,

We have an Arris CMTS C3 device and we monitor the bandwidth usage via
MRTG.  At some point MRTG was also setup to monitor each modem status
(Online/Offline) and it provided this information on an Intranet
website. Currently the website does not have any information, it just
stopped working.  We looked at the modem binary files but SNMP is not
configured there to provide this information to MRTG.  Where else would
I look and how do I configure MRTG/CMTS router to monitor cable modem
status?  We currently running MRTG on CentOS.  Any direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn