[mrtg] Discontinuity at midnight

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 19 01:00:11 CET 2012

That is really weird.  We have an F5 too, but don’t experience this sort of
pattern.

It can’t be a counter reset at midnight, because that would only affect the
first sample after that point.  The graphs look almost like two separate
things glued together, rather than a single event at midnight.

My only guess would be some sort of scheduled task causing a failover.  Do
you have several F5 devices in a cluster?  If so, it could be that at
midnight (for some reason) one or more groups fail over to the other cluster
member.  This would result in fewer connections via the one you’re
monitoring.  Maybe check the logs to see if and when any cluster group
failovers happen, or changes between active/active and active/passive on
groups.

I’d be interested to hear what the eventual resolution for this is.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email:  <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,
将减少一棵树存活的机会