[mrtg] Make Summary Graph Default

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 18 01:31:56 CET 2012

I'm assuming you mean the Summary graphs as in the Routers2 frontend.

You can use the 'defaulttarget' directive in the routers2.conf file, which
can be set to 'summary' or 'incoming' or other values (see the routers2.conf
for details in the comments).  This affects the default for ALL devices for
ALL users.

You can use per-user sections - [user-xxx] and place a defaulttaget rule in
there for individual users, but this affects ALL targets.  You can also
allow users to set their personal preferences (which overrides the defaults
I nthe routers2.conf file).

However, if you want to set a default for just one Device, you can add in
the MRTG cfg file the line

routers.cgi*Options[xxxx]: default

This will make the target 'xxxx' the default for ALL users (overriding any
defaulttarget definitions in the routers2.conf but not overriding a user's
personal preferences).  If you want to make a particular userdefined graph,
or summary page, the default, then xxxx must match the name of the
userdefined graph or summary page.  The autogenerated summary page is
'__summary' and the autogenerated incoming/outgoing are '__incoming' and
'__outgoing'.

Note that this is an experimental directive that is not fully reliable;
however if it works for you then all to the good.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead