[mrtg] MRTG with RRDcached tuning

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Tue Jul 31 15:14:03 CEST 2012

Hello,

I succesfully enabled RRDCached for my MRTG setup.
I have mrtg-2.17.4 and rrdtool-1.4.7.
I am trying to spread kernel flushes in a time with enabling RRDCached.
Daemon runs with "-w 900 -z 900" parameters, but it looks like all kernel
flushes are still in a same time every 5 minutes.
Can somebody recommend me his parameters for rrdcached?

I want to try spread writes to one hour, but I want to graph actual data.
I use 14all.cgi and it doesn't support rrdcached. Have somebody 14all.cgi
patched for rrdcached support? I am not perl guru.
I know, that I must add something like this for RRD graph function
"--daemon unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock" but I don't know how cleanly
to read path from mrtg config and add it to the code.
Mail of author bawidama at users.sourceforge.net doesn't work...

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka