[mrtg] graphing two different router interfaces in single graph with snmpv3

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Jun 11 17:13:52 CEST 2012

On 6/6/12 5:41 AM, "Fuat Demir (Garanti Teknoloji)" <FuatD at garanti.com.tr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can graph multiple routers interfaces with snmpv2 like;
>
> Target[total3]: \GigabitEthernet0/1/0:public at 10.10.10.1:::::2 +
> \TenGigabitEthernet0/3/0:public at 20.20.20.1:::::2
> Maxbytes[total3]: 380108800
> Title[total3]: TOTAL TRAFFIC (2 Routers)
>
> Now i need to run this with snmpv3 enabled routers. Because of snmp engineid
> values are different on two routers, snmpoptions parameters (auth key and priv
> key values) are also different.

Correct.

> How can i graph two different routers interfaces with snmpv3 ?

Use a front-end like routers2.cgi with both interfaces graphed separately,
then create a user-defined graph with the sum.  I do that for my internet
routers - the mirror option works really well for showing incoming and
outgoing aggregated traffic.

> Any option to set multi snmpoptions ?

No, I'm afraid not.  It was hard enough to squeeze the existing snmp options
into the syntax.  I can't fathom how it would be done in a graph sum.

I also want to caution you that adding numbers like this will cause errors
when the counters roll-over.  Stacking graphs is more accurate.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281