[mrtg] finding ifHC* counters by ifName

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Mon Sep 3 23:13:48 CEST 2012

Hello Adi,

it is not needed to specify ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets.
If you specify SNMP version two with :::::2 on the end of target,
that MRTG automatically try to use 64bit counters.

You can check existence of these counters with snmpwalk.
Also check existence ifHighSpeed and ifSpeed which is used by cfgmaker
for maxbytes value.

You can automatically generate MRTG configuration for your host
with cfgmaker.

Best regards,

Pavel