[mrtg] MRTG 2.17.4 rateup WARNING on Windows Server 2012

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 11 23:58:21 CEST 2013

Is it possible that you have a 64bit Windows 2012 and the 32bit rateup.exe?
Check where you obtained the binary from, you might be able to get a version
compiled for a different version, or compile it yourself.

Although I don¡¯t know as much about Windows (UNIX/Linux person here mainly)
I¡¯ve seen similar issue with executables compiled for earlier versions of
Windows running under later versions.  I believe there are also
compatibility options you can set on an executable within Windows to make it
more likely to run?

Another option you might like to consider is using MRTG with RRDTool as the
backend ¨C then you don¡¯t need rateup.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email:  <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : ´òÓ¡±¾Óʼþ£¬