[mrtg] Fwd: MRTG& SNMPv3

Tom Smyth tom.smyth at wirelessconnect.eu
Wed Apr 24 02:47:19 CEST 2013

Hi Lads,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I have a query about how to get
Cfgmaker and MRTG to talk SNMPv3

with Privacy and Authentication enabled, to a Router.

I can snmp walk the router  fine...  I just cant get mrtg + snmpv3
working...

I know it may not be straight forward but Im looking for a fully worked
snmp example... I am willing to pay someone for this so you can contact me
on my email regarding this...  or if you dont want to be paid more money I
will Dontate more money to the project...

I currently have the following packages installed  on a Centos 6.4 i386 box
mrtg-2.16.2-7.el6.i686
mrtg-libs-2.16.2-7.el6.i686

net-snmp-utils-5.5-44.el6.i686
net-snmp-perl-5.5-44.el6.i686
net-snmp-5.5-44.el6.i686
net-snmp-libs-5.5-44.el6.i686
net-snmp-devel-5.5-44.el6.i686

rrdtool-devel-1.3.8-6.el6.i686
rrdtool-1.3.8-6.el6.i686
rrdtool-perl-1.3.8-6.el6.i686

My router SNMP v3 config
/snmp community
set [ find default=yes ]
addresses=10.0.0.0/8authentication-password=testtest
authentication-protocol=SHA1
encryption-password=testtest name=Read_Only security=private
 /snmp
set contact=support at wirelessconnect.eu enabled=yes trap-community=
    Read_Only trap-target=0.0.0.0 trap-version=3

What Im looking for is a working example of
MRTG Cfgmaker commnand that would successfully connect to a router with the
configuration above with Auth and Priv enabled for a given context ID ...
on SNMPv3

If you have to do something funky with context ID ...? for example

I get weird unrecognised ASN.1 errors  from the Cfgmaker script with
hexidecimal references that change every time I modify the cfgmaker command.

I have tried many things and I just want some one . give me assistance to
get the Cfgmaker command working...

I can snmp walk the router  fine...  I just cant get mrtg + snmpv3
working...

Below ... is some mails with more information