[mrtg] Mrtg Graph shows inappropriate statistics

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 28 01:53:45 CEST 2013

> I use mrtg to monitor juniper device SSG5.
> When I was using the old cent os 5.1 the graph would show correct
> staticstics where upload and download speeds would reflect the actual
> speeds of the link, In my case it was 16M down and 1.5 up.
> Now after I switched to ubuntu 12.10 (GNU/Linux 3.5.0-21-generic x86_64)
> mrtg graph shows low values like 240K.  Is this a  configuration issue
> or version issue? I did run the config same way as on old cent os.

Are you certain that you're using SNMPv2 on the new system?  This is a common symptom of 'counter wraparound' if using the 16bit counters in SNMPv1.

Make sure the targets defined have the :::::2 suffix and that you're passing the necessary parameters to cfgmaker.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会