[mrtg] Monitoreo SNR

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu May 9 21:42:07 CEST 2013

On 5/9/13 1:37 PM, "Ivan Palacios" <ivan.palacios at ibw.com.ni> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I need to know how to monitor with MRTG SNR
>
> Cisco 7246VXR  an arris C3

Well, first you have to find a mib variable with the information you
require.  I would probably troll the entity sensor mib to see if Cisco stuck
it there.

Then you just need a target statement that refers to that mib instance.

You might need to do some sort of scaling.  Usually Cisco reports dBm as
negative numbers, so you either need to convert it to a positive number, or
use rrdtool as a backend and scale the low value to handle negatives.  For
example, when I monitor light levels on DOM equipped SFPs, I do this to the
rrd file:

rrdtool tune foo_sensor.rrd -i ds0:-800 -i ds1:-800

That allows the rrd file to store values as low as -800, which is -80dB

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281