[mrtg] [nick at linicks.net: mrtg bug? Interface e.g. eth0.2]

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Thu Oct 24 14:18:11 CEST 2013

Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:15:27 +0100
From: Nick Warne <nick at linicks.net>
To: mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: mrtg bug? Interface e.g. eth0.2

Hi all,

I have been running mrtg for years on various routers etc. all without a problem.

Today, I finally got fibre DSL.  So I reconfigure my adsl router to just use ppp0e WAN connection - all works great.

Now before the changes, router reported 3 interfaces:

eth0 (vlan)
br0
ra0

and mrtg all worked great.

But now when I run configmaker on new setup something strange happens.

I get parsing errors in the output thus:

Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./cfgmaker line 1375.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./cfgmaker line 1376.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./cfgmaker line 1377.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ./cfgmaker line 1382.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./cfgmaker line 1383.
{repeats x3}

and one single line:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/mrtg/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 755.

The interfaces now reported are:
eth0
eth0.2
eth0.3
eth0.4
eth0.5
br0
ra0

which makes me think the extra '.' in the interface names etc. fubars it.

The logs get updated, and some do the images correctly.  But cfgmaker doesn't produce interface *.html files.

I have tried various ifref/ifdesc types, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick
--