[mrtg] run "RRDtool graph" from windows cmdline on file.rrd created by MRTG

Petr Lázňovský lazna at volny.cz
Fri Jan 3 18:30:25 CET 2014

Creating .rrd files by MRTG. Trying to create graphs from this files on windows cmdline does not understand (even after hours of googling). Can someone explain me this directive:

DEF:traffic=file.rrd:traffic:AVERAGE

I understand the file.rrd is data file created by MRTG. But does not understand what is twice traffic word, and the AVERAGE word. At this moment always got error:

ERROR: Cannot parse DS in 'DEF:traffic=file.rrd:traffic:AVERAGE'

L.