[mrtg] Graph under reporting utilization

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Wed Nov 5 00:25:00 CET 2014

Hi Fred,

it is because you use 32bit counters in SNMPv1. You must switch MRTG
to SNMPv2 which automatically try to read 64bit counters instead 32.
There are ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets OIDs.

You can add :::::2 to end of your target.
Something like this:
Target[colo-metro-ethernet-utilization]: 50:public at 192.168.198.1:::::2

Please read MRTG documentation about SNMP options.
You can also automatically generate MRTG config with "cfgmaker".

Best regards,
Pavel